Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Baby Shower Script


In rural Oregon, a group of Job Corps students in Jill Howdyshell's ESL class celebrated MLK Jr Day of Service with the Baby Shower script crafted by some middle school students in Portland, Oregon. The activity, designed after Oxfam's Hunger Banquet helps participants understand global issues of maternal and infant mortality through a very unusual "baby shower." Perhaps you or a group you know would be interested in hosting such an event. My good friend, Jan Zuckerman, collaborated with me on this with her in Oregon and me in Haiti. If you are interested in this script, please e- mail me and I'll send you the script.

1 comment:

  1. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    domeinnamen

    ReplyDelete